DC ENTERTAINMENT continues to surprise us. Last month it was news about AFTER WATCHMEN and now we have more and more to enjoy with sites dedicated to DC Comics, Vertigo Comics and MAD Magazine. Press Release Follows:
DC ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITES
New Online Destinations for DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD Offer Multimedia Experiences with Exclusive Content, Integrated Community Features and Character Franchise Pages
BURBANK, CA, March 6, 2012 – DC Entertainment, a Warner Bros. Entertainment company and home to iconic brands DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD, launched today a portfolio of comprehensive and interactive new websites. The DCComics.com site, currently in beta status, offers fans exclusive new content, integrated community and social media features, and in-depth character franchise pages built around iconic characters including Superman, Batman and Green Lantern. The site, along withVertigoComics.com and MADMagazine.com, feature a broad range of publishing information and content, but also goes one step further with key navigation areas for movies, TV, games, shopping and community – creating a robust online destination for all things DC Entertainment.
Timed to the new website launch, DCComics.com debuted an exclusive BEFORE WATCHMEN image illustrated by Lee Bermejo. The site exclusive is the first group image of the BEFORE WATCHMEN characters.
“The new sites are a true representation of DC Entertainment, and the depth and scope of our characters and brands across all media,” stated Jason James, vice president of interactive marketing for DC Entertainment. “Our goal is to be the one-stop destination for all fans looking for the latest news on comics, TV, games and movies, and a place where fans can engage with us and each other about all things DC Entertainment. Fans should visit DCComics.com daily – we have a lot of surprises in store for them over the next week and beyond.”
Key features of the new sites include:
· Integrated social media –Social media features include comments powered by Facebook integrated throughout the site and real-time Twitter feeds from fans and comic talent. Additionally, the new “Fans” section lists upcoming events and links to all DC Entertainment social media pages and feeds, making it easy for fans to follow, like, see trending topics and join the conversation.
· Breaking news and exclusive content– The sites will strive to be a document of record by regularly featuring exclusive content, focused on comics and beyond. And blogs for DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD will continue on the new sites offering breaking news and updated information.
· In-depth character experiences– The “Characters” section offers a relational database giving fans extensive search options to gather information and research comics featuring their favorite characters and talent. Franchise pages have been created for iconic characters such as Batman, Superman and Sandman, so fans can get the latest comics, movies, TV, games and merchandise information in one convenient location.
· One-stop shopping – The new sites include many shopping options for comic books (both in print and digital), as well as real-time buying options for fans to easily purchase movies, TV shows and games based on their favorite characters, or find out where to buy offline.
· Intuitive navigation and branding – New architecture on each site makes it easy to navigate and find a broad range of information and characters making it accessible to both hard-core and casual fans. DC Entertainment’s new brand identity is also incorporated throughout the sites.
James continued, “We’re excited to rollout these new sites that have been rebuilt from the ground up – and this is only the beginning of DC Entertainment’s new presence in the digital space. You will continue to see bold strides from us online and in social media, just as we continue to make bold moves in our publishing business.”