Our friends at deviantARt put together a very informative and inspiring panel for artists.
Some choice words of advice and highlights follow from a press release:
On Saturday, July 14, deviantART – the largest social network for artists, with 22+ million members – hosted the panel, How to Supercharge Your deviantART Profile Like the Masters. Moderated by CEO Angelo Sotira, deviantART was honored to host the following superstars (all of whom are deviantART members):
- · Adam Warren (“The Dirty Pair,” “Empowered”)
- · Mark Brooks (Marvel Comics)
- · Jim Zubkavich (Project Manager of Creative Services, Udon Entertainment)
- · Dave Elliott (“Heavy Metal Magazine”)
- · Wenqing Yan ( “Knite,” “1000 W0RDS”)
- · Kevin Eastman (Co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- · Chris Sanders (Creator of “Lilo & Stitch”)
Each participant was asked to summarize the best piece of advice they wanted to impress on the audience. Below are direct quotes from the panel.
- · “Be persistent, relentless, and unstoppable, even when you want to stop. Especially when you want to stop.” –Adam Warren (*AdamWarren)
- · “Thrive on criticism.” –Mark Brooks (`diablo2003)
- · “Create something that’s genuine and something you like.” –Jim Zubkavich (*Zubby)
- · “Don’t be a lurker. Be positive and that will come back to you.” –Dave Elliott (=DeevElliott)
- · “Don’t be afraid. Everyone starts out not being awesome. Immerse yourself in the process, and before you know it, you’ll be great.” –Wenqing Yan (`yuumei)
- · “Whatever you think is art… is art. Period.” –Kevin Eastman (=Kevineastman)
- · “Whatever you do, try and put a story in your work. It will make you a better artist.” –Chris Sanders (`alohalilo)
All wise words! Thanks to the good folks at deviantARt!